450X: Product/Technical discussions

I see some post regarding regen braking. I am having ather 450x can you explain how to do that ??

1 Like

The accelator has a slight travel in the reverse direction. Just rotate it in the reverse direction and hold and you will notice the vehicle slows down much faster than normal. The regen is not that significant and doesn’t add much to your battery. Also it does not get invoked if the battery percentage is more than 85%.

@abhishek.balaji really wish people realised how big a tool the search option is. Because this post above was the first result when you type "regen’ :sweat_smile:.
Some extra info – Reverse throttle at >25kmph gives about 3 times the regen you get by just breaking.

7 Likes

Been seeing a lot of 450Xs on the roads of Bengaluru lately. And one thing stood out to me. Noticed it in about all the scooters I’ve seen which ride past me. They all seem to have this weird thing going on in the rear taillight. At a certain angle. It seems like one LED is missing from the tail lamp. On the left side. Anyone else notice this? I’ll try to take a photo next time.

I noticed that in chennai too, I thought they redesigned the tail lamp cutting costs not in the left but in a certain angle

Is it possible to transfer the pre-order for Ather-450X to my friend or relative?

In both the images, one is trip A on the app and one more is trip A on the dashboard why did it show minus sign? Never seen this before in an ather

Should I shutdown my 450x only when the battery level is below 60%? Because I saw many posts telling that shutdown should be used only at low charge levels and not at higher charge levels.

If I go for a vacation for 2 weeks and I would full charge my vehicle and shut it down will it be any problem if I do shutdown at 100%

There shouldn’t be any issue with 450X. The posts that you saw were about some batches of Ather 450. You can safely shut down after charging your 450X to 100% if you are not going to use it for two weeks.

Ok, then what about 450 should we not shut it down at 100%?

Read through this FAQ.

I just wanted to ask that is it safe to shutdown the 450 at 100% charge I will not shutdown daily, I will use the shutdown only as a vacation mode. Since I have 450 and 450x in 450x I can shutdown at 100% soc then what about 450 can i shutdown at 100% soc or should I shutdown at less than 60%soc

As mentioned in the FAQ that I shared above, if the Ather 450 VIN is above 2973, you need not worry about shutting down at 100%. To find out where your Ather VIN is see, Where do I see VIN (Vehicle identification number) of my 450?

If the VIN number is less than 2973 then what should I do? Can I shutdown at 100% or 60%

Ather recommends that if your 450 VIN is lesser than 2973, you should shut down below 60%. If you do shutdown above 60% and there is an issue with the battery, it will be covered under warranty.

2 Likes

To add to what @thakur.ketan rightly pointed out, it is not like shutting down an Ather (with VIN < 2973) will INEVITABLY lead to issues. Mine is also less than 2973 and I have shutdown my 450 many, many times. It is just that there is a hardware issue in the old models which MIGHT lead to a component failure in some rare cases. And there are many first gen owners here who shut down often and have not faced concerns till date.

So if you are going to be away for long, please go ahead and shut down the scooter; the probability is in your favour :slight_smile: Nonetheless, if you are going to be away for just 2 weeks, why don’t you charge only until 60% and then shut it down? 60% charge will surely last for MUCH longer than 2 or 3 weeks if you are going to be shutting down your bike (i.e. putting it on vacation mode). Can vouch for it from personal experience.

2 Likes

Was it a complete downhill? If regen was active, then this is possible. because your total trip itself was only 0.3 km.

Basically, the energy produced by regen was more than consumed by your 0.3 km drive. So, battery consumption shown in negative.

1 Like

The concept wat you means suits for wh/km. But how abt trip A… it shouldn’t be in negative right?

Ideally, trip should not be. But, from the regen examples I have seen in the forum, that is how Ather has implemented.

1 Like

Leave that trip A on the dashboard now tell me why trip A is negative in the app ride statistics