450X: Product/Technical discussions

Here is a rough estimate.

3 Likes

That is Strange. When I picked it up for test ride there wasn’t a Sports mode

By using battery percentage indicator, full charge range in warp mode is around 55km. I guess ather was going for increasing performance without reducing range. (Reminds me of plaid model s and x of tesla).

If 450x has sports Mode it will probably have a range of 60-65km I guess.

2 Likes

Consistent performance is what the subscription plan offers, so those under the battery subscription plans keep paying to ensure the performance and power don’t degrade. Battery degradation will also vary based on how you ride, so under the battery subscription plan, you can use the full performance levels without any worry.

These will be announced closer to the delivery dates…

3 Likes

Can you comment on the number of cycles the battery is able to do before we see a drop in the range?

Dear Abhishek,

I would like to know the following :

1. Can I change the color to Black?

2. On Road Price - Hyderabad

3. What Type of Charger will I be getting ( Cable like a laptop Charger or the Grid Charger which is shown in the picture or Both)?

4. Will we get a change to keep a Ather 450x for a day to try (Demo Pieces)?

5. Can you please provide more options of payment (one time payment for life long full option subscription)?

2 Likes

This should be possible. Call customer care and they’ll be able to assist you.

Not yet known and will be announced just before you make full payment.

Only the Ather Dot (Grey colour) home charger is included. Portable charger has to be purchased additionally. The portable charger is not exactly like a laptop charger it’s a little bigger. The very first gen Athers had portable chargers like laptop chargers. The white coloured fast charger in the public charging grids are different again.

That option is not available I guess.

That’s an interesting ask. But how long is “life long”? Do you want to pay for 15 years as per the RC. Will you keep the vehicle for 15 years? if not why would you pay for the time you won’t use? Even if you plan to keep it for 15 years, honestly speaking it may work out expensive considering how costs are dynamically changing - both during purchase and in the long run. It may give you mental peace but i don’t know if you want to pay so much (as much an another scooter) for that.

3 Likes

Changing colour of the vehicle is not legal according to transport law as our registration certificate will have vehicle colour mentioned as white.

You can get your vehicle wrapped in any colour of your choice but again at your own risk. It’s still not street legal. Wrapping is not considered changing colour of the vehicle completely. Its just a sticker on top of the body. If cops stop you or once you get bored of the colour you can peel it off and the vehicle will be in its original colour.

If you permanently planning to change the colour either by replacing the white body panels to black or by painting the white panels to black then visit the nearest rto and pay a certain fees and get the new colour endorsement done in registration certificate. Once this is done you are good to go and most important It’s legal.

2 Likes

I m not sure if he meant changing the colour permanently or changing his colour choice of his pre-order. I am not remembering selection of colour during pre-order though…

1 Like

Series 1 did not have color selection during pre-order. But it came after Jan launch (“series 2”?). So it might be able to change selection by calling the team.

2 Likes

Does anyone have an idea of how much the Bluetooth helmet will cost?

Also, will ather provide us with one or will we have to buy from third party?

I guess it’s minimum 3k

1 Like

The TPMS, smart helmet are being developed and expected to be available sometime in Q1 2021. We will announce the timelines and pricing at a later point.

4 Likes

Can you post a torque graph for 450x similar to what we have on 450’s landing page?

Also, is there a charging curve / graph for charging 450x using Ather grid? Or is it flat 1.45km/min for any SOC < 80%?

3 Likes

I think I read 0-50 1.45km 50-80 1.1km Per minute

Can you point me to the FAQ?

Have been reading a lot of threads so don’t remember where it was :slight_smile:

What is highest rpm of pmsm in 450x?

Are there “Hazard lights” in Ather 450x?

3 Likes

No. It’s in the feature requests topic. Upvote it if you want it. Upvoting will help Ather to prioritize and if possible provide it in the next OTAs

1 Like