450X:Dot charging

I just bought 450x and as a normal user I charge daily, Dot charger has a feature called auto cut off or auto switch off after full charge, does the battery degrades by doing this and if it degrades how many percentages of charge is degraded because I see no battery degradation it will always be 100% while removing the charger. If degrades and let’s think it chargers again I just bought 450x and as a normal user I charge daily, Dot charger has a feature called auto cut off or auto switch off after full charge, does the battery degrades by doing this and if it degrades how many percentages of charge is degraded because I see no battery degradation it will always be 100% while removing the charger. If degrades and let’s think it chargers again does the battery life cycle count?

I like to clear this matter just to make an efficient charging for my 450X.

14 Likes

@abhishek.balaji please reply on this! I am a new user too and have same question.

5 Likes

Look at these threads bro

6 Likes

There is no answer for my question bro I have already read this, if you have an suggestion let us know in this post.

11 Likes

Would suggest you to go through this thread, the concept of Trickle Charging. Might help you with your question. Don’t think you should be too worried of battery health as much.

8 Likes

Ather Dot Charger has built-in Cut-off at 100% charging, Then the system goes into Trickle charging mode, it will top up the charge when it falls below 2% or more, then charge system will restart the charging, this process will be in a loop till the charger is disconnected.

IMO It’s wise to disconnect the charger at 80% and never let the charge drop below 20%, this will enhance the battery life.

On average 21700 cells are rated for 2000 full cycles so it will be more than 5 years if followed with the above 20-80 process

10 Likes

Practically speaking there won’t be much significant difference in lifetime of btterry since there is a bottom and top buffer already available. May be a couple of months difference that’s it. I don’t say that there is no impact but it is significantly low. So I would say unless someone is so particular about it, there is no need to worry about 20, 80 or 30, 70 funda…

10 Likes

@abhishek.balaji awaiting your reply on this. I am a new ather user, not sure on how should be my charging cycle. Can i leave my 450x on overnight charge?

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Dot charger is not charging

I m shifting from my current home and want my dot charger to be disconnected. Will there be any help from Ather on this regard? @abhishek.balaji can you please shed some light on this?

7 Likes

You could request for removal and fresh installation on applicable charges.

4 Likes

Is the charger locked to each individual bike? So that one can’t use the charger of other person?

3 Likes

The DOT charger (installed on wall) is mapped to each individual Ather. The portable charger isn’t.

6 Likes

Is it ok to switch off the Ather Dot’s main supply on a daily basis once I’m done charging? Once my Ather 450x is done charging I usually resort to plugging the charger out and switching off the main power supply to the charger itself. Will this affect the charger in any way? Is it better to keep the main to the Ather Dot always on?

4 Likes

Yes it okay to switch off Dot when not in use, you will save on it, it has 3 year warranty, there will be no problem if you do so.

8 Likes

Does DOT & Portable charges have the same capacity ? Does DOT charger charges fast. Do both have same safety from electric fluctuations

3 Likes

Yes they are designed same in terms of charging. Only the Dot has an external care which protects it from dust and Rain( I guess, not sure please check).

7 Likes

As @thakur.ketan said it is mapped but if you have another vehical in same premises can you call technical team and request new maping for new vehical and get portable charger for new vehical.

7 Likes

Yes you can ask cs to map the dot charger for second vehicle also. Portable charger however does not have any mapping so it can be used with any vehicle.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.