450X: Discussions on battery

There was 4 percentage drop overnight with a range drop of 3kms after charging my 450x the next day. I’ve been experiencing this from quite some time now. Anyone else facing the same issue?

I’ve been facing some.

3 Likes

Yes, but it is because the sim in the vehicles is active.

1 Like

Your serial number is your chassis number or you may know the VIN number, the battery is integrated into the chassis that is your verification number.

Battery life cycle … Did anyone know about battery life cycle how many Cycles in ather battery

1 Like

2000 I guess. Not sure

In Standby mode batteries dichage. For example i had charged till 100% at 8pm in the evening but by morning 7am when i saw it was 97%

Can we add additional battery in the boot space?

Should we let the charger plugged in even after it is charged till 100%?

2 Likes

A big NO!!

3 Likes

… in the sense you have nothing to do with a battery in the boot. You need a UPS and carry the portable charger to charge the scooter. It does not add much to the range, given the e/m ratios and efficiencies. Maybe it can be designed onto a new scooter, where the footboard battery is supplemented by a boot battery.

There is a lot of discussion on idle battery drain, but this sums most of it…

Regarding overnight charging…

2 Likes

Well… can a UPS hold that much electricity in it to charge the Ather? If yes then what type of UPS has that much capacity to charge the Ather?

Any UPS which can provide 2 kva for at least 6 hr will do. Usually, Sukam or any brand you like which runs on a 48v system should do the trick, this will ensure you have a lot of charge before draining empty.

3 Likes

I didn’t understand use of UPS here, does it mean that you want to use UPS to charge Ather in absence of mains electricity ?

2 Likes

Yes, With Summer approaching and I live in an area where there are more frequent power cuts, It’s better to have a backup with something that won’t let the scooter sit like a dead thing.

1 Like

Then infact all Ather grids must be installed with a backup either battery or generator

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Feedback on Ather Forum

I charged the 450x using my portable charger last night till 100% SOC. When I started the scooty in morning, I see the SOC has dropped to 97%. Is there any valid reason why this could happen ? Is it a problem which can be solved?

3 Likes

It’s not a problem, its normal in every scooter. The battery degrades little bit in idle condition.

1 Like

So, very interestingly, the range on my 450X has deviated from the standard E 85 and so on. The predicted values (on top of the recent ride screen) is supposed to showcase true ranges right? It no longer shows 85km on Eco even at 100% SoC. Could this be because of battery degradation or the values based on the riding styles?

1 Like

No, it’s based on your riding style for the last ~1000 kms. The predicted range values wont change based on your current SoC. It just shows the range you can expect in different modes on a full charge, based on your recent riding style in that mode. The true range is only shown on the dashboard.

4 Likes

But it will take into account battery degradation when it happens in a few years right?

1 Like