450 rebooted during ride

My 450 rebooted while I was riding. The motor was on and the vehicle was on the move as well. This happened when I switched on right turn indicator to switch to right side of the road as I need to take a right turn after a traffic signal ahead. I heard continuous and random indicator beeps and I was shocked on the dashboard to see the reboot progress indicator even while the vehicle was moving. I halted the scooter at the traffic junction and system rebooted normally and I did not switch off the motor as I feared it may not start again. I reached home safely though. Why did this happen? Is my 450 turning out slowly to be an unreliable machine?

2 Likes

Do not worry about this it happens to me also sometimes the ather logo will suddenly appear and after some time it will switch to sppedometer do not worry because it happens in 450x also idk y maybe just a bug but your riding condition will be the same u can disengage the motor and turn it on again only screen will not that’s it no need to worry

This is a known issue in both 450 and 450x both. In 450X the frequency of occurance is more compared to 450. Nothing to worry about vehicle.

3 Likes

A lot of customers have this fear that a dashboard restart means the vehicle will restart too. Maybe it would help if Ather posts a note (below the Ather logo that’s visible while dashboard restarts) that assures customers that the rest of the vehicle is still functioning normally.

2 Likes

Thanks all…some sort of reassurance and confidence has built after reading the comments.

2 Likes

At day 3 : my scooter dashboard reboots 3 times while riding but I can ride even it roboots , throttle is still responding but a day before throttle not responding while driving , so I need to reboot to ride the scooter

I have faced similar issue. I have purchased 450X last week in Hyderabad. While i am riding the vehicle suddenly screen is off and 450x logo appeared and the then the dashboard came back. But still the motor is ON and i am riding continuously.

After reaching Home, i have connected the charger and turned the key to off and handle lock and left the parking area with key removed. After half an hour when i reached parking area, rhe screen is still ON.

So i turned on the key and waited for charger removal message and removed the charger. But the screen is still struck at remover charger or turn off key message only for so much time. It didnt responded for 15 minutes. I tried to on motor and the bike was moving with throttle. But still the screen is in freeze condition. After that i tried to OFF and screen got OFF and again i have turned ON and screen appeared but in last freezed condition only.

After waiting for 10 more minutes, again the dashboard is turned off automatically and again 450X logo appeared and the Screen is now working fine without any issues. This happened yesterday have to observe is this issue keeps on coming.

4 Likes

My Ather 450 rebooted while riding. This is hapenning frequently now. It’s not only about the display it says Motor off and I cannot accelerate. In middle of the road it stopped and I had to restart by pressing brake and motor on controls.

It’s a very risky thing tat bike stops in the middle of the road.

Any reason why this is hapenning? @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

There is something really wrong with the scooter then. We do get rare dashboard reboots while the ride does not get affected at all.

Please request a check with the EC.

3 Likes

It’s happened with me few hrs ago, I was on wrap mode, I overtake a bus and suddenly it’s reboot and moter off.

2 Likes

Rebooting is quite rare now a days, but having your scooter turn off with the dashboard is unheard of for quite a while now. Did the throttle / motor just not respond, or did it go to a special safe mode?

2 Likes

Am seeing daily at least 2 - 3 times on my 450 , its really annoying. Vehicle stops in peak traffic, any solution to fix this one.

I have been facing this scree reboot issue since the purchase in Nov 2022. Initially it was rebooting 1-2 times in a week. Now this has increased at this happens every time i ride. I have visited the service center 2 times now and the issue is still not fixed.

You should Call the customer care at +91-7676600900 or contact them based on your city at https://atherenergy.com/contact.

Did this so many times. They will direct me to service center and service center people will say please raise an issue online. No one is resolving the issue.

did you send them a Mail to Info@atherenergy.com ? it would probably get you a case number which will be tracked till rectified.

I bought my Ather 450x last month and didn’t face any issue until yesterday when it rebooted automatically. I thought of it as a one of issue but I encountered it today as well, when I slowed my vehicle to park. Is there any way to troubleshoot this or solve this issue? Any advice would be appreciated

Already done this they are directing to the service center and service center is helpless.

@community-help Kindly look into his issue. Looks like he has this issue long pending.

1 Like

Try rebooting the scooter by pressing both the brakes and ignition & indicator switch simultaneously. This should help.

2 Likes