OTA Wants - Feature requests

Yes, same thing for me. I have been adjusting it from past 1 month. It is visible but not very convenient.

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sentry mode

10 posts were split to a new topic: Dark/Night mode for dashboard

What say about a side stand sensor on the scooter??
It can sense whether the side stand is pulled up or not

1 Like

Definitely can’t be an OTA since there is no sensor for that today.

This was brought up a year ago and Ather told us that they couldn’t source a reliable sensor for this.

1 Like

There are sensors available in market

Yes but this thread is about OTA updates

Also Ather said they weren’t able to source a reliable sensor for the 450.

1 Like

http://www.evs28.org/event_file/event_file/1/pfile/2015-02-15%20Keil%20-%20Impact%20of%20Regenerative%20Braking%20(final).pdf

looking at this, i think ather should unlock the 83% cap for regen to be in action.
@Ather.Team please have a look at this

2 Likes

They need to first change the Regen settings. The amount that it reproduces. It wouldn’t really matter much if they open the cap is 83.

yes, @Ather.Team should consider strong regen, or even custom regen settings. This is very much needed

I feel that regen plays a major role in the overall lifetime of the scooter with respect to it’s range and the battery. Since regenerative braking is an electronically controlled mechanism, it should offer more customisability to the users.

Some of the possible settings would be to have either strong regen or normal regen. Strong regen would be defined as the scooter regenerating as soon as you let go of the throttle without the need to twist the throttle in the opposite direction, while the latter could be similar to the setup we already have going.

Alongside this, an active regen indicator (maybe showing a green glow instead of the red glow when regenerating) would be a requirement as currently, the amount regenerated cannot be quantified and thus, we can’t exactly project how useful regen braking in the real world is.

4 Likes

Very True,
I am completely disappointed with the nil Regen in Ather presently !!

They should provide user to control the Regen settings in % like the Ultraviolette F77 controls.
With proper strong regen setting feature in future,
we can avoid most of the braking in traffic as have longer range on travel especially in roads full of traffic.

2 Likes

This is probably the reason stronger regen has bot been introduced yet, to judge the stopping distance using regen will be a learned art, it will lead to accidents i feel. At the end of the day, having an option to increase the regen percentage after knowing the risks would definitely be welcome.

2 Likes

Hey @Ather.Team. A small bit of information that is missing from our dashboard. Which can be updated as a monthly thing ( maybe through the usage report) or as a constant thing on the dashboard.

Revolt gets a SoH state of health of the battery. Seems to be really helpful to maintain good battery usage habits.
Do look into it since Revolt is able to do it, I wonder if its not doable by our own Ather.

3 Likes

Always ON regen will act as an equivalent of Engine resistance we have in ICE vehicle.

in ICE vehicle lower the gear higher the resistance … similarly
in E-Vehicles higher regen higher resistance

it might output in the equivalent experience of ICE when driving E-vehicle

what say @Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji :wink:

1 Like

I’d rather not have a higher regen if it means it will be like the engine resistance in ICE vehicles. I’d prefer coasting around freely.

Twisting the throttle in the opposite direction could have a stronger regen though.

1 Like

Customizable Regen is the key.

With % control in settings you can always customize your style of riding with 0% or 50% or full 100% Regen.

https://www.ultraviolette.com/smart_connect.html

2 Likes

The most frequently used option on my app is ride stats. I would like to see it on the bottom of the app along with Profile, maps etc.
also can you integrate the forum to the app? And the grid location into same app?

Forum into app is already taken care will be part of future app update as per the owners meet

I’m with you in that the app needs some rearrangement. I had suggested the same long back. Logically speaking I feel “Settings” and “Report an issue” should be in the tab with that Spanner icon. The Documents and profile/vehicle number should be in that first tab with scooter symbol. The last tab can be Ride statistics.

Regarding the forum integration in the app, it’ll come in the nedt app update we were told.

Regarding integration of Athergrid app, Ather has kept it separate as the Athergrid will also be used by non-Ather vehicles.

4 Likes